Hey, Contemporary Princess! Want to lean into your identity as a daughter of the King?

FREE Gratitude Journal Template!

* indicates required

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Pretty Little Latte: My Top 5 Starbucks Drinks + a Couple of Hacks



If you are like me, ordering at places like Starbucks (or worse, Sonic!) can be a bit of a stressful experience. Too many options! I'm already a shy, introverted person, and I don't need to drag out the already-dreaded ordering situation. The longer I stand there, the more I break out in a cold sweat. (Too dramatic?) 

BUT

If you're like me, a creative person, you probably also like to concoct your own recipes. Mmmmhmmmm…

I have the answer to both of these situations, because I have come up with 5 different drink combos that are absolute showstoppers, so you can strut into that cinnamon-scented hipster mecca, have your super-cool and unique order ready, and strut back out LIKE A BOSS.

(www.giphy.com)

Without further ado:


1. Blended Chai - Okay, I originally had this at Coffee Bean, not Starbs. Oops. I'm pretty sure it would taste good anywhere, though. This one's pretty self-explanatory. It sounds simple, but there's something about this warm, yet frozen treat that always hits the spot on a hot day. Maybe it's just because it reminds me of Malibu. Or maybe because it's heaven in a cup. Probably both. HACK: Order it double-blended for an extra smooth, creamy bev.

2. Iced Youthberry Tea w/ a shot of coconut milk - I heard a girl on YouTube talk about her version of this, which she called "The Pink Drink" (so cute!,) but she got the Passion tea, instead. Youthberry is one of my absolute favorite Teavana teas, so I chose that. Of course, you can add a splash of whatever kind of milk you like, or omit it, but I just like the coconut with the berry notes of the tea. Mmmmm, re-freshing! P.S. I sometimes add a packet of sugar in the raw. I have a sugar in the raw addiction. I hoard it in my pantry. Forreal.

3. Doppio Espresso con Panna - That's just the fancy, Italian way of saying "double espresso with whipped cream." Sign me up! I want to feel fancy and Italian! If you're not into espresso shots in the purest form, you might like this. The whipped cream sends it over the top. *I suggest sipping this one while wearing gigantic black sunglasses and slowly browsing through an expensive store. Doggie in purse optional.

4. Short Hot Chocolate w/ hazelnut - HACK: Did you know that you can order a size smaller than the Tall? It's true! I always order a short when I want something indulgent; it makes me feel a little less guilty, I guess. Starbucks hot chocolate is one of my favorites on its own, but if you want something that tastes like hot, molten Nutella, ask for 1 pump of Hazelnut. Brb, gotta go get one. 

5. Affogato - or Frappuccino, affogato-style. An affogato is really just an espresso shot, poured over ice cream. You just gasped with both shock and delight, didn't you? At Starbucks you can order a vanilla bean Frappuccino (or any kind that you like,) and ask for it "affogato-style." They will pour a shot of espresso over the top, and you will fall in love. It's everything - hot, cold, sweet, wonderful…all the adjectives. 


I hope you add some of these to your to-try list! And if you invent any awesome coffee recipes on your next run, be sure to Instagram it and tag me @thecontemporaryprincess! 


No comments:

Post a Comment