Hey, Contemporary Princess! Want to lean into your identity as a daughter of the King?

FREE Gratitude Journal Template!

* indicates required

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Prayer

  If you're following along with me, I want you to be able to see the heart behind my efforts. That's why I created the "Prayers" tab. This is the place where I will get a little vulnerable and share some excerpts from my personal prayer journal. (Not all of them, because I do believe in having "a secret place" with God.) I hope sharing some of my triumphs and struggles helps encourage you in your own journey. It's a little scary, but sharing my spiritual walk with you is the MOST important to me. Of course, if you have prayer requests of your own, send them to me via the "contact" tab!


Dear God,


Thank you for being mine. Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for pursuing me so fervently, yet so gently. 


I love You with absolutely all of my heart. 


I love that You choose me, even when I feel I am not worth choosing. 


I love that when I mess up - when I know I disappoint You and break Your heart - You are waiting for me to come back to You. Arms open, ready to embrace me. 


I love that You have recently placed so many good people in my life. Mentors, whether they know it or not. That love You with all of THEIR hearts, and lead me by their example. People who know me and my heart for You. People who lift me up. People who inspire me. 


I love You for giving me a family who cares about me. 


I love You for possessing both a fierce strength and a tender compassion. 


I love every stranger I meet, because with each one, I learn a little something about You. 


I love that people I can’t stand are Your children first, and that calls me out on my crap. It makes me grow. 


I love this time alone with You lately. I always knew I needed it, but I didn’t know exactly what to do to get here. 


I love that You know every single part of me. And You don’t reject any of it. 


I love You for encouraging me and never belittling me. 


I love Your creation. I love Your art. 


I live for You. Every new thing I discover about You makes me love You more. I want to keep discovering. I want every single day for all of eternity to be an adventure with You and a discovery of You. About You. I can’t (obviously) put into words the true yearning I feel - the true love I feel - and that’s one reason I love You most. Because You know my heart, without me saying a word. 


I love You, Lord. 

I just want You to know. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment