Hey, Contemporary Princess! Want to lean into your identity as a daughter of the King?

FREE Gratitude Journal Template!

* indicates required

Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Prayer

 If you're following along with me, I want you to be able to see the heart behind my efforts. That's why I created the "Prayers" tab. This is the place where I will get a little vulnerable and share some excerpts from my personal prayer journal. (Not all of them, because I do believe in having "a secret place" with God.) I hope sharing some of my triumphs and struggles helps encourage you in your own journey. It's a little scary, but sharing my spiritual walk with you is the MOST important to me. Of course, if you have prayer requests of your own, send them to me via the "contact" tab!


Just thinking about “having encounters” with You. And what that means, and I thought: what if it’s not some big, life-changing, mountaintop experience??


Because in reality, that’s not how You speak to us - at least not to me. 


You speak quietly, so we can only hear You when we quiet ourselves enough to do so. When we listen intently. 


So what if encounters aren’t big revelations, what if they’re more like dreams? You know, those kind of dreams that are so real and so vivid that when you wake up, you are changed. You are in a good mood, you feel lighter. You feel free. You know you’ve experienced something great but...you don’t remember the dream. That’s the thing. Like, if pressed, it couldn’t be described or relayed back....but you KNOW. Because you felt. You experienced. 


Sometimes I think encounters with You are like that. We may not be able to describe what or where or when it happened, but something - YOU - pierced our soul. You stirred something within us. You sent a lightening bolt right to our hearts. 


That’s how we know. That’s how we know You are real and You are ALIVE and You are You. 


If it was so obvious, we wouldn’t need faith. 


Idk....is that weird? It’s just something I’ve been thinking a lot about lately. I think encounters are more like dreams and deja vu. And we get to experience You with just a sharp spark of a moment. And when we get to Heaven, we’ll experience that “moment” at its full capacity and glory. And it’ll all make sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment