Hey, Contemporary Princess! Want to lean into your identity as a daughter of the King?

FREE Gratitude Journal Template!

* indicates required

Thursday, September 3, 2020

Prayer

   If you're following along with me, I want you to be able to see the heart behind my efforts. That's why I created the "Prayers" tab. This is the place where I will get a little vulnerable and share some excerpts from my personal prayer journal. (Not all of them, because I do believe in having "a secret place" with God.) I hope sharing some of my triumphs and struggles helps encourage you in your own journey. It's a little scary, but sharing my spiritual walk with you is the MOST important to me. Of course, if you have prayer requests of your own, send them to me via the "contact" tab!



I have been thinking: I want to experience something deeper when I pray. I have been thinking a lot about “the secret place,” and I want my own secret place with You. I feel like my prayers are so two-dimensional, and I want them to be supernatural. I want to EXPERIENCE You. I want Heaven to send a little lighting bolt through my heart. Wake me up to the true You. 


To do this, I’m going to have to find my secret place with You. 


And to do THIS, I have to seek You and have You draw me into YOUR presence, not try to bring You down to my presence. 


I can sit in my room (or wherever) and picture me and You having a real relationship type of conversation. Because then I have brought You down to my level (literally,) and I’m not focused on being Kingdom-minded. I’m still Earth-minded. And besides, why would I want to limit Your majesty in that way?!


To keep my thoughts and my life and my everything Heaven-minded, I have to be drawn into YOUR presence. That’s the only way I can pray and experience Your supernatural peace, comfort, joy, and love. 


Just something I’ve been dwelling on. 


Please help me have a breakthrough here. I really want to find my secret place with You, and go there ALL the time. And change the game. 


<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment